Sunday, February 12, 2017

Weekly reflection 2/6-2/10

Standards: 4.1, 4.2

How did you do on the work?

This week I think I did okay on the work. I did the packets mostly in class and got them out of the way. I did part one of the vodcast for Tuesday I believe, but I saved the other 2 parts for the last second, didn't do so great on that. Emma and I also got most of the project done on Thursday, which was good.

What do you think you understand well?

I think between the playdoe project and the rockpocket packet, I was able to resolidify in my mind how translation works, what the biological pieces and mechanisms are. I also learned a lot about the 3 differant kinds of mutations, and the 3 differant results, and why those results make sense.

Where do you think you can improve?

Well I took much better notes this week on vodcast, but I spread them out badly, leaving the last 2 for the last second. Poor timing for homework when we are not told when to do it.

What strategies will you use to improve?

I will have to spread homework out better when we are not told when we have to do it. I don't think I was procrastinating, just not really thinking about it, so maybe be more aware of due dates in the future and be realistic about how long it will take.

How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?

What we did this week was mostly packets solidifying transcription and translation. The project was just one final push to express our understandings of these concepts. This fits into information unit, specifically depicting the proceses that use DNA as a formation to directly create proteins that are crucial to biological systems as we have already learned. Also learning about bio technology in the vodcast shows insight to not only understanding these concepts, but using this knowledge to design medical or research technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment