Sunday, March 12, 2017

Week of March 10th

4.4, 4.5, 4.7

How did you do on your work?

I got all of my work done. I will say I felt pretty lazy the first half of the week, doing one of the vodcasts late, and not putting too much effort into the lab write up, but I felt as I did much better the half of the week, completing and understanding the vodcasts and the mitosis work packet.

What do you think you understand well?

I understand well, the concepts involved with cell cycle. I understand the differant phases, what happens during them, what checkpoints there are and what kinds of regulation occur.

Where do you think you can improve?

I think I could improve by studying the phases within mitosis/meiosis. I get the main idea of the progression of cell devision, but would have difficulty naming the phases and purposes of each contained in mitosis/meiosis.

What strategies will you use to improve?

I will need to study these, I think that is really the only way for me to solidify them in my head, I just need to maybe just commit them to memory.

How does the current work fit in with the context/narrative of the course?

We are learning about cell cycle and devision, which is super important to healthy growth of organisms. The content covered, goes over concepts important to the causes of cancer or other problems with cell cycle. It connects directly to the medical field, showing insight to what cancer is on a cellular and genetic level.

No comments:

Post a Comment