Sunday, March 5, 2017

Week of March 3rd

How did you do on your work?

I did everything I needed to on time. There were no vodcast this week to do, so work load was pretty minimal. I looked over the pcr lab to understand the concepts and procedure, also to answer the questions.

What do you understand well?

I feel as If i have a firm grasp on how pcr works. Also, I have a pretty good understanding of electrophoresis as I've done it a few times now.

Where do you think you can improve?

I think I could improve on my lab edicate, namely watching what I eat before, also, maybe work on a steadier hand as to not puncture gell.

What strategies can you use to improve?

I can be more conscious of the complexity of labs, and think twice before doing something, in this case eating Oreos.

How does this work fit into the narrative/context of the course ?

It connects technology to biology, allowing for better understanding of our own genes, and of the phylogeny of those around us. We are able to see how real world DNA samples are translated Into viable information.

No comments:

Post a Comment