Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week of may 19

the past 2 weeks we have begun our genious hour and taken the ap exam. Phew, finally over! After the exam, I had started looking I to a potential experiment involving the minipulation of water potential to get water to flow uphill. I was hoping to design a model for a potential type of water pump, that would be eapecially helpful to ski resorts, but it ended up looking to be too difficult a task to complete over the course of the next few weeks. This week I decided to move to a new experiment, shocking plants more or less. Earlier in the year we did a lab on environmental changes that effect photosynthesis. Our group applied an electric DC current to it. I would like to go back to this, because the current actually stimulated rate of gas exchange and therefore rate of photosynthesis. It is unclear why this happened and I hope to examine this by looking more closely at photosynthesis and isolating what in particular is being effected.

No comments:

Post a Comment